UCB, an epilepsy leader, looked to inspire people with epilepsy to seek better seizure control.
Patient voices are often the most insightful and motivating to people dealing with similar symptoms.
- My Four Words, hosted on UCB’s Epilepsy Advocate Facebook page, invited personal stories with epilepsy in just four words, with focus on seizure control.
- My Four Words was featured at the National Walk for Epilepsy, and on the Epilepsy Advocate and Epilepsy Foundation Facebook pages.
- A multi-channel social campaign invited people to upload their “game face” using #TackleEpilepsy hashtag as part of a Super Bowl tie-in; noted football coach shared his epilepsy story with media.
- My Four Words Facebook content reached 1.5 million+ users and generated 50,000+ likes, 10,000+ shares, and 2,500+ comments. Additionally, 100,000+ users directly engaged with the content.
- Epilepsy Advocate became a platform for new patient/caregiver engagement initiatives.
- Sports Illustrated TV, CBS Radio, ESPN.com, and other media outlets covered the campaign.
- Social outreach drew 1,300+ “game face” photo submissions, retweets by star NFL’ers to their followers.